Grange Hall is a former West Hackney National School that originally dates from 1837 and is locally listed as being one of only two ecclesiastical buildings that survive in the Parish of West Hackney. It is an impressive example of late Georgian architecture, but when work started, it was in a poor state of repair both internally and externally.
The residential redevelopment of the building for Cubitt Greystock preserved and augmented the historic character of the existing building through the removal of poor quality elements and the respectful addition of modern features, using high quality materials. Our detailing was complementary, yet contemporary.
This approach was well received by the London Borough of Hackney. We collaborated with the conservation officer throughout, to make sure that the provision of any new materials were appropriate to both the existing fabric and the overall architectural vision.
Stoke Newington, London, UK
Potter Raper Partnership
Price & Myers
Zoe Slater Landscapes
photography: James Stephenson